To help you navigate your way through your next travel experience, we have answered a few of your questions
As the world’s borders are beginning to re-open, we are committed to ensuring that your travel plans are as safe and memorable as possible, in what we now recognise as the ‘New Normal’. To help you navigate your way through your next travel experience, we have answered a few of your questions below:
- DO NOT travel if you have had symptoms of Covid-19 within the last 7 days and if you still have a high temperature. Please do let us know if this happens and we can discuss your options.
- Check-in online where possible to keep contact with airport staff to a minimum. It is advised that all boarding passes are presented on mobile devices.
- Ensure you carry hand sanitiser in your hand baggage in a bottle under 100ml; antibacterial wipes can also be carried through airport security.
What will the travel experience be like?
- Unquestionably the airport and flying experience will be different this year. The UK Government is requiring passengers on all public transport, including flights, to wear face masks / coverings (children under the age of 11 years are exempt). You can also expect to be required to wear a face mask / covering in airport terminal buildings and at the boarding gate. You should be prepared to wear a mask or face covering at all points of your journey. Ensure you carry plenty of masks should you be required to change it during your journey.
- The UK Government is also advising minimising luggage and checking baggage into the hold wherever possible. All flights bought as part of an Azure package include hold baggage as standard.
- Social distancing guidelines should be observed at all times whilst in the airport and you should follow any markers / walking directions.
- Many airlines are changing their on-board service, in particular offering limited on-board catering; it would be advisable to purchase provisions after you have completed security clearance, before boarding.
- For specific information about how our airline partners are adapting to operating in the 'new normal’, including their cleaning protocols, please refer to their dedicated webpages.
- There may be different procedures on arrival at your destination airport and accommodation, where required by local governments. We will advise you of particular procedures at your chosen destination as and when they are communicated to us.
What will you do to ensure my accommodation is clean?
Azure has always demanded the highest standard of cleanliness and safety from our chosen partners. We are working with all our partners to ensure that they have adopted essential protocols to ensure our mutual guests are safe.
- Cleaners will be paying extra attention to cleaning ‘high traffic’ areas in the accommodation. These include light switches, remote controls, hairdryers, safes, bathrooms and minibars. Cleaners will using appropriate solutions to thoroughly disinfect the accommodation before occupation by each party.
- All bedding will be laundered in cycles where temperatures are maintained at 65° for not less than ten minutes, or 71°for not less than three minutes.
- Rooms are left vacant for 24 hours after each stay as an additional safety measure where possible. Where this is not possible due to high occupancy, fogging processes are implemented and bedding will undergo a thermal hygiene process.
- Cleaners will follow strict protocols, including wearing disposable gloves, removing shoes/wearing disposable shoe protectors and following social distancing rules when working in teams.
- Sanitising and hygiene amenities including masks, sanitising gel and sanitising wipes with the correct specifications may be offered in your room where available.
- Leisure facilities at some hotels, such as pools, beaches, Kids Clubs and gyms may suspended operations in line with Government direction, for the protection of guests and employees. We will update you with this information as soon as we are made aware by our partners.
Are there any other changes I should know about?
To minimise any risks, our local representatives will be taking a ‘socially distanced’ approach to looking after your needs will typically be conducting welcome meetings by video or voice call. They will, as ever, be available by WhatsApp, email, text or phone to assist you throughout your holiday and are very much looking forward to seeing you - virtually, if not in person. In addition:
- Check-in and check-out times for all accommodation will be strictly observed to allow adequate time for cleaning and preparation.
- Restaurants and Bars may have a reduced capacity in order to ensure a physical distance between guests. Disposable and digital menus will be used where possible.
- In hotels, there may be some changes to operations such as housekeeping to minimise contact with housekeeping staff. Any changes to schedules will be advised at the hotel.
- Sun loungers in hotels, villa complexes and on beaches will be spaced at a safe distance apart.
- Certain local services and facilities e.g. hotel spas, snack bars and childcare services may be subject to change or closure.
- Car hire and transport providers will also be briefed and audited on enhanced cleaning requirements.
What happens if there is an outbreak of COVID-19 whilst I am on holiday?
Our local teams and partners have been fully briefed on the processes and procedures necessary should there be an outbreak, or suspected outbreak, of COVID-19 whilst you are on holiday. The response will vary depending on whether you are staying in a villa, with just your own party, or in a hotel or complex with other guests. Should you, or anyone in your party come down with any symptoms of COVID-19, please inform your local Azure representative immediately and they will advise you of the next steps. As always, our dedicated teams are there to ensure your welfare and are ready and happy to communicate on your behalf with local health professionals and authorities. If we do no have a local representative at your destination, please immediately speak with the Hotel General Manager who will advise you of the local guidance in this situation.
Am I insured against COVID-19?
It is essential you have the correct travel insurance. For your travel insurance to be valid, you must only travel to countries where the 'all but essential travel' has been removed by the FCO. An up to date list of countries can be found on the FCO website. You should check that your policy covers you for medical expenses, subsistence and repatriation in the event that you or a member of your party contract COVID-19 during your holiday. If you took out a single trip policy or renewed an annual policy after the outbreak began in February, you may not be covered. If you are travelling to a destination in the EU, we strongly advise you to apply for and take with you an EHIC card, which will give you access to state-provided healthcare when abroad.
Arrival back into the UK
It is advised that whilst you are away you keep up to date with the current UK regulations on quarantine upon arrival back into the UK. Details can be found here; Travel corridor guidance.
Upon arrival back into the UK you will have to show proof of a completed passenger locator form. You should complete the form before you enter the UK and it can be submitted up to 48 hours before you are due back into the UK. This applies to people arriving from all countries and to UK residents and visitors. The form can be found here; Passenger Locator Form.
If you have any further questions which we haven’t answered above, please feel free to contact us either by telephone 01244 322770 or by email to email@example.com.
Our Destination Specialists
our destination specialist
Have you ever wondered about the team behind your holiday? Our expert team are always on hand and invite you to give them a call to discuss your perfect holiday with Azure.
We are passionate about travel and that passion drives our desire to ensure you have your perfect holiday every time. Our promise to you is your best ever tailor-made holiday01244 322770
- Monday-Friday - 9am-5:30pm
- Saturday - 9:30am-1:00pm
- Sunday - Closed
our travellers' journeys
Find out what our clients have to say about their experiences
We have been using Azure to arrange our holidays for over 12 years. Every year usually twice a year, sometimes more, we rely on the experienced team at Chester to provide expert information on our chosen destinations. Be it a return to our established favorites in Barbados and Dubai or a new and exiting destination chosen from Azures brochure it is always handled in a friendly and competent manner. The small details are not missed such as do we need late check out or early arrival, which can make such a difference after sometimes long hours travelling. For us using Azure takes the uncertainty out of booking holidays.
We have been booking our holidays through Azure for 10 years and we can thoroughly recommend them. The Azure team arrange amazing holidays, well chosen destinations and hotels with a tailored itinerary that runs like clockwork with so many wonderful extras, it really takes the time and stress out of planning. When the weather has disrupted our journeys, their 24 hour service has provided us with 5* rescues! Nothing is too much trouble for Azure staff and the same goes for all the staff we have met on our Azure holidays which really are out of this world. We continue to recommend your company and all your wonderful team and look forward to our next holiday with you.
My first experience with Azure was when they came to my rescue when my family and I were stranded abroad on holiday without accommodation, their professionalism and ability to make things happen at very very short notice was second to none. They were very knowledgeable and were able to utilise their many relationships within the industry to get things resolved for me within an hour. I can't praise them enough for rescuing my family's holiday and making it a truly memorable time. Since then the team always do their best to make my holidays the best they can possibly be based on their own vast travel knowledge and experiences. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend them and wouldn't use anyone else for luxurious travel.
our travellers' stories
Learn more about our beautiful destinations